Why are you looking for SpiraTest alternatives? Isn’t SpiraTest a good enough tool for your team’s requirements?
SpiraTest provides a complete Quality Assurance solution that manages requirements, tests, bugs, and issues in one environment, with full traceability from inception to completion.
That said, you should not limit yourself to a particular tool if better replacements are available. That’s what this article is about, to inform readers about the most powerful SpirtTest alternatives you can invest in today.
Tuskr is the most reliable, robust, affordable, easy-to-use software to connect your QA teams with developers. Tuskr is a cloud-based test management software, and you can manage test cases, conduct test runs, and integrate your bug and time tracking tools. It is powerful yet aesthetically pleasing and intuitive with its unbeatable pricing, a generous free plan, and a 30-day free trial. It should be on top of everyone’s evaluation list.
- WYSIWYG editor with rich-text formatting
- Planned vs actual chart to identify your stars and slackers
- Copy-pasting of images from clipboard or files
Free trial – 30 days
Pricing: Team – $9/user/month and Business – $12/user/month
See a head-to-head comparison – Tuskr vs SpiraTest
TestRail is the most intently developed test management tool, so you can benefit from regular product updates to make your team more effective. Track all your test activities and quality metrics in a single platform to improve collaboration, evaluate risk and release high-quality software. Manage all your in-progress test projects in TestRail and access all relevant project details at your fingertips, including milestones and active test runs.
- Use rich text formatting, attach files and screenshots, and customizable fields for your needs
- TestRail’s unique forecasting lets you track the testing progress based on your historical time data
- Search, filter, slice, and dice! Easily group and find relevant test cases and filter cases for new runs and plans.
Free trial – 14 days
Pricing: Professional – $33/user/month and Enterprise – $64/user/month
PractiTest lets you monitor your entire testing process and see test execution in real time. Manage manual, exploratory, and automated testing all in one centralized information hub. Set up reusable tests, test steps, or cycles, then refine them before, during, or after execution. Add parameters or permutations to run those instant tests with different configurations.
- Share live dashboards by embedding them into external systems like wikis, confluence, or web portals.
- Automatically create issues from runs based on information detected by testers and save time with our anti-duplicate bug mechanism.
- Define notifications, permissions, workflow and more to tailor PractiTest to your needs.
Free Trial – 14 days
Pricing: Professional – $39, Enterprise – $49
4. Tricentis qTest
Tricentis qTest is a powerful and easy-to-use test management tool. It provides an intuitive experience for test execution. With qTest, you can confidently plan, assign, and execute your tests. This offers visibility into your entire lifecycle across projects, builds, cycles, suites, and more. qTest manager provides the flexibility to manage any automation strategy at scale. Whether you want to make your open source more productive or want to take a codeless, model-based approach, qTest has integration for that.
- Manage multiple test machines from a single location
- Arrange and display charts and graphs precisely as you want. Tabs let you create various dashboards for different projects or teams.
- Streamline workflows and align testing with development with real-time, two-way updates at the defect and requirements level
Free trial – 14 days
Pricing: Request pricing
Zephyr is a powerful solution with test planning, reporting and reusability for growing teams working across multiple projects. Bring test management, automation, and BDD into one tool to easily access information, execute processes, share best practices, and help your team be outstanding. Deliver quality products at speed and scale by focusing on critical parts of software delivery with test automation. Authorize your teams with the gamut of automation frameworks, including selenium, JUnit, NUnit, Robot, and CI tools Jenkins and Bamboo.
- Real-time monitoring of progress on projects, validating and informing deployment/release decisions, and keeping teams synchronized.
- Offers real-time results
- Zephyr has a mobile app that allows users to access and update test cases and defects on the go.
Free trial – 14 days
Pricing – Request pricing
QMetry testing has been designed to empower users to carry out testing. At the same time, they look into websites to ensure that testers’ time is invested in investigating the site rather than writing every single test activity and to prepare a culture of flawless communication in the organization. QMetry allows its users to log issues with just a mouse click. It will enable users to add visuals while logging issues, which makes it easy for the development team to capture the scenario where the application fails.
- With QMetry, you can automatically record all actions and create documentation with screenshots using the in-built exploratory testing functionality.
- Users can create test cases in QMetry from the sessions recorded during exploratory testing. This saves time as users get automated test cases without writing them manually.
- Each event and navigation recorded gets converted into test documentation, providing ready-to-use Automated Documentation.
Free trial – 15 days
Pricing – Request Pricing
Qase helps you to organise all your test cases into logical groups. Comprehensive features of test cases allow you to define test case severity and priority, describe pre-conditions, and steps to reproduce test cases. You can write test plans and then run tests, and a smart wizard will guide you through the test plan and help you check all cases at once. The time tracker will show detailed information about the time spent on each case.
- Role-based access control will help you to set up permissions for different groups of users
- You can create a task in your favorite issue trackers directly from the test case management system
- Qase allows users to execute tests and track test results and defects. It also includes tools for capturing and attaching evidence, such as screenshots, to defects.
Free trial – 30 days
Pricing: startup-$20, business-$30
Choosing the right test management tool can greatly improve the efficiency and effectiveness of your software testing process. The top 7 test management tools mentioned in this listicle each have their own unique features and capabilities, making them suitable for different types of projects and teams. Whether you are looking for a tool with robust collaboration features, or one that integrates seamlessly with your existing development workflow, there is a test management tool on this list that can meet your needs. Ultimately, the best test management tool for your team will depend on your specific requirements and goals. It is important to carefully evaluate the features and capabilities of each tool to determine which one is the best fit for your team.