Resetting an Admin Password
Administrators can reset passwords of other users (admins as well as non-admins). However, there are cases, when you would want to quickly reset a password from the back-door.
- Find the ID of the person whose password you want to reset. Let's say that person's email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. To do that run the SQL: select id,name from db_person where email = 'email@example.com'
- You should see only ONE record in the result. Note down the ID; we shall be using it in the next step. Let's say it is 123456.
- Run the SQL: update db_person set password_hash='Y2Vsb3hpczE=' where id=123456.
- The password of the user has now been changed to celoxis1
- Ask that person to change this password after logging in.