Increasing Memory for Performance
Celoxis is configured to use a maximum of 2GB of memory. While this is enough for most cases, you can increase this if you have a large installation. We recommend that the memory you allocate to Celoxis not exceed half of your installed RAM. For example, if you have 8GB of RAM, you should not allocate more than 4GB of RAM to Celoxis. This is assuming the machine is dedicated to running Celoxis, if you run other programs on the same machine, the number would be less.
We shall now see how to increase the memory allocated to Celoxis to 4GB (i.e. 4096 MB)
If Celoxis is installed as Windows Service
- Navigate to
- Click on the Java tab.
- Enter 4096 in the Maximum memory pool field.
- Click OK.
If Celoxis not installed as a Windows Service
- Right click My Computer.
- Click Properties.
- Click the Advanced tab (or click Advanced system settings in Windows Vista).
- Click the Environment Variables button
- Under System variables, click New.
- Set variable name to CATALINA_OPTS and variable value to -Xms512M -Xmx4096M
- Click OK.
- Click OK on the Advanced tab to close the window.
- Open a terminal and login as the user that starts Celoxis.
- Add: export CATALINA_OPTS=-Xms512M -Xmx4096M to the user's startup file (e.g.
- Save the file.
- Logout and Login again.