Migrating from SaaS to On-Premise
The way this works is first we do a local installation. We verify the installation works correctly. Then we replace the database and data directory with the one provided by us from your SaaS account.
Complete and verify your local installation
Install Celoxis on your server. Verify that you are able to login and you can see the sample data on your dashboard. There is no need to configure your email server, authentication, etc. as of now. You can do that after your data is restored.
Download your SaaS backup files
You will be provided with a link to download the database and the documents. You will see two files:
database.backup.zip- the backup of the database
data.zip- the backup of the documents you have uploaded
Unzip the backup files
Download the two files and unzip them. You should now have 2 directories :
- A directory called
data. Verify that this directory has two sub-directories
Restore the database backup and data directory
- Navigate to Top Menu ▸ ▸ Admin ▸ Site Settings and look for the database name and data directory under Server Information. See this example for more information.
- Stop Celoxis.
- Drop the existing database.
- Recreate the database using the same database user that Celoxis will use to connect to the database.
- Restore the database. Instructions are provided later in this chapter.
- Delete your data directory (recorded in step 1) and copy the
datadirectory that you obtained after unzipping
data.zipto that location.
- Assuming your data directory is at
C:\celoxis\data, run the following sql: update db_config set value='C:\celoxis\data' where name='local_storage_root'
- Assuming you will access Celoxis as http://celoxis.acme.com:8888, run the following sql: update db_company set server_name='celoxis.acme.com:8888'
- Start Celoxis.
- Update site settings like email settings, etc.
Restoring your database
pg_restore -Fc -d <dbname> -O -U <username> database.backup
Microsoft SQL Server
Using Enterprise Manager, right click on the database node and choose Restore from All Tasks. Use the
Please contact your Oracle DBA.