Importing Tasks from CSV
Celoxis provides you with the ability to import tasks in a project from CSV. If you have a Microsoft Excel file, then you can export it in CSV (comma separated values) format and then import it in Celoxis.
To import tasks in a project, first click on the project and then click Project Actions ▸ More ▸ Import Tasks (CSV). Alternatively, if you are in the project Gantt chart, you can click Add ▸ Import CSV
- WBS Code - using this you can create the WBS structure (parent-child relationships) for tasks after import. E.g. If we enter WBS codes as 1 for A, 1.1 for B, 1.2 for C and 1.1.1 for D, and 1.1.2 for E, and 2 for F then on import you will get:
A ├── B │ ├── D │ └── E │ └── C F
- Name - mandatory
- Planned Start - YYYY-MM-DD format
- Planned Finish - YYYY-MM-DD format
- Resources - enter resources in the format described here.
- Duration - enter in the duration format described here.
- Work - the effort in hours
- % Comp
- Planned Fixed Cost
- Planned Non-Labor Cost
- Billing Type - for "No Billing" :
NONE, "Fixed Price" :
FIXED_PRICE, "Time & Material" :
- External Key - the key or id of this task in another system e.g. JIRA
- Custom Fields - you will have to create the fields in Celoxis first