If you own a company, or work for a small business, managing and keeping track of numerous projects at once can be a tedious task. Project management software is a boon for users that work on multiple projects.
Finding the right software amongst all available becomes difficult and takes a lot of time into consideration. To ease the work, we have combined the best ones in the market and have listed them below.
List of Project Management Software & Tools
Celoxis is an award-winning all-in-one pm tool. It offers a comprehensive online project management solution for midsize to large businesses to help them plan and manage diverse project portfolios. It has extensive collaboration features including a customizable free client portal. Its dashboards and reporting capabilities are superb and one of the best in the market. It is feature-rich, intuitive and highly customizable.
Celoxis is used by leading organizations like Rolex, HBO, Deloitte, etc.
- 360-degree real-time insights with super powerful reports and dashboards
- Plan, track, and collaborate online with much ease
- Efficiently allocate resources to tasks based on availability, demand, and skills.
Pricing: SaaS: $25/user/month & On-Premise: $450/user
Proofhub will be your best bet if you are looking to facilitate project management and team collaboration for marketing and creative teams for small businesses. It includes everything that is needed to run your marketing projects efficiently keeping track of every detail, giving you real-time visibility into everything your team is working on.
Proofhub is used by leading organizations like Netflix, TripAdvisor, Nike, etc.
- App integration with the apps you already use: FreshBooks Classic, FreshBooks, QuickBooks, Google Calendar, iCal, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive and more
- Easy-to-understand and intuitive interface with a little-to-no learning curve
- Available in more than half a dozen languages
Pricing: Ultimate Plan starts at $89/month (billed annually).
nTask is a free online project management software that focuses on eliminating the need to shuffle between tools. It offers seven modules built natively inside the tool that takes care of important matters such as task management, project planning, and reporting, meetings, risk management, bug, and issue tracking and more. The user interface is beautifully designed, and simplicity is key with nTask. Everything is relatively simple to understand. nTask also plans to introduce Kanban boards to facilitate board users soon.
nTask is used by leading organizations like Inder, C.A. Metro de Caracas, etc.
- Monitor time spent on each task for each member through timesheets.
- Plan and describe the budget for all your projects and keep track.
- Use risk matrix to identify and assess potential risks and their frequency of occurrence.
Pricing: $2.99, Unlimited everything.
4. Time Doctor
Time Doctor is a cloud-based time tracking and management solution. It focuses specifically on employee productivity. With its monitoring tools, it analyzes how employees use their time and alert them when they’re engaging in time-wasting activities. It comes with a silent and interactive version that fits varying business setups. Your team members will get a lot more done each day, increasing productivity in your company and dramatically reducing wasted time. You will find it easier to focus on important tasks without getting sidetracked.
Time Doctor is used by leading organization like Duke University, SurveyMonkey, boost, etc.
- A better understanding of employee time usage
- It helps users to be more productive through reminders
- Task manager is available for Mac, Windows and Linux. Signup, installation, and setting up multiple users take less than five minutes
Pricing: Plan starts from $12/user/month
Mindgenius is a Project Management tool which lets you plan, schedule and manages all project-related tasks. It helps teams manage small-to-medium-sized projects. It provides a simple interface. It has a unique feature that most project management solutions don’t, a mind-mapping tool, where teams can hash out ideas surrounding a particular project or event. Teams can utilize this tool to structure, present, and share info, brainstorm ideas, scope projects, and more.
Mindgenius is used by leading organizations like NHS, Speedo, Honeywell, etc.
- Ability to identify task dependencies and set milestones and critical paths
- Dynamic views allow you to switch easily between, planning, Gantt chart and tasks
- Create visual maps of project information
Pricing: Plan starts from $392.00/one-time/user
Scoro is a cloud-based business management software n for small to midsize companies. It enables users to plan and track their work across an unlimited amount of projects. The software’s key feature is its control hub, from which tasks, account information, key performance data and calendar events, among other aspects of businesses are displayed. Users can plan and utilize time more efficiently with scoro by managing, creating and tracking the number of projects with the ability to set priorities and deadlines, plan tasks and schedule meetings.
Scoro is used by leading organizations like Tele2, WSI, Newton, etc.
- Create budgets for projects and compare these against actual results
- Scoro’s Planner gives you an instant visual overview of everyone’s workload, realistic deadlines, potential overbookings & available slots
- Know exactly how well your team is utilized, and what their time is spent on
Pricing: Scoro pricing starts at $26/month/user
Asana’s robust work management platform serves your teams so they can stay focused on the goals, projects, and daily tasks of your business. The platform lets you create visual project plans to see how every step maps out over time, to help you meet the deadlines. To stay on track, it allows you to follow projects and tasks through every stage.Asana is used by leading organizations like Salesforce, Vox-Media, Timbuk2, etc.Special features:
- To stay on track, it allows you to follow projects and tasks through every stage
- Make teams and projects private to create a safe space for sensitive work
- Easily spot holes and overlaps in your schedule and quickly make adjustments
- App offers a wide range of integrations with several popular platforms like Asana time tracking from TimeCamp, Slack, Dropbox and many more.
Pricing: Plan starts from $9.99 per member/month billed annually
Trello is a visual collaboration tool for planning tasks and projects. It utilizes Kanban boards, cards, and lists to move tasks or organize your resource materials in real-time. Accessible from a desktop browser, Trello also provides you with free Android and iOS apps, lending to greater flexibility. You can manage your projects in the office, field, or anywhere you are internet-connected. Trello connects with other tools to collect project management data and analyze it eventually. For example, you can export data from Trello to Excel and check project statuses, productivity, and gain other insights
Trello is used by leading organizations like National Geographic, UNICEF, Kickstarter, etc.
- Trello’s neat interface makes managing even the most complex of tasks fun
- Mobile functionality to access boards on the go
- Quick overview on front and back of cards
Pricing: Plan starts from $9.99/user/month
LiquidPlanner is an impressive online tool for managing projects, tasks, workers, and their time. It gives teams a better way to plan and execute work. It is a priority-based solution that automatically updates project schedules whenever users change task dates or priorities. It gives you schedules you can trust, and helps you work on the right thing at the right time.
LiquidPlanner is used by leading organizations like iForce, JBT, Tmobile, etc.
- It helps teams to set realistic deadlines based on best-case and worst-case scenarios
- Estimating a realistic range of time to complete tasks
- It allows all users to set realistic estimates
Pricing: Plan starts from $45/ month/user.
10. Ace Project
AceProject is a web-based project tracking software that helps manage projects from end to end. It is designed for small and midsize businesses. One of the features in AceProject is that you can go into the settings and see exactly what privileges are assigned to you based on your role.The mobile app enables users to manage tasks and project communication remotely. It also allows users to design plug-ins and add-ons to integrate with other systems.
Ace Project is used by leading organizations like IBM, Toyota, DHL, etc.
- Easy to manage agile-based tasks and create work sprints!
- Workflow for the time approval process is built-in
- Coordinate teams across the globe efficiently
Pricing: pricing starts from $24/month
11. Zoho Project
Zoho Project is a powerful and collaboration software. It has a clean and straightforward interface, an excellent array of features. You can make project planning and collaboration with your team members less complicated with the milestone mapping tool.It also lets the people in the project communicate easily, discuss ideas, and stay updated.
Zoho Project is used by leading organizations like Dell, Vodafone, big basket, etc.
- Plan your project down to minute details by mapping every milestone to achieve
- One tool for teams to create, collaborate and communicate
- Charts and reports are automatically generated to give you in-depth details
Pricing: Plan starts from $25/month up to 20 projects
Notion is a cloud-based and on-premise solution for individuals and businesses of all sizes. Notion’s note-taking app breaks conventions in design, resulting in confusion and wasted time. It can fit whatever requirements you would need from the notebook. It is easy to use and has excellent compatibility with other tools as well.
Notion is used by leading organizations like Matter, BlueChilli, seedcamp, etc.
- Syncs across various devices and collaborators in real-time
- Notion can be extended with Lua scripts
- Outline ideas and rearrange them in any way
Pricing: Plan starts from $4/user/month
Redbooth is an online collaboration and communication platform. It is flexible and straightforward to use, that helps teams get work done. It is focused on serving companies of all sizes in all industries. The software is designed to have a clear system of delegation and deadline setting, which helps users to know who exactly is working on what. There are dedicated Android and iOS applications available for Redbooth.
Redbooth is used by leading organizations like Updater, Leidar London, Indiana University, etc.
- Create, assign and update tasks anytime, anywhere
- Super intuitive interface for creating and assigning new tasks
- Assess the progress of shared projects and spot dependencies early
Pricing: Plan starts from $9/month/user
FunctionFox is a simple online timesheet and project management software for creative teams. It helps creative professionals manage their work, improve profitability and increase efficiency. It enables users to look back at the project’s history, whether it be three weeks ago or three months ago. Smart and automated tools enable users to enjoy reduced admin time and improved workflows.
FunctionFox is used by leading organization like Guardian, Pattison, Teleflora, etc.
- Built-in timesheets with stopwatch timer for easy time tracking
- Interactive real-time reporting
- create visual management dashboards that can be customized according to personal preferences
Pricing: Plan starts from $5/month ($35/month for 1st user)
Freedcamp is a solid but quite basic and unremarkable project management software. It offers innovative new user interfaces that reduce the amount of time required to stay on top of Projects. Freedcamp aims to provide a centralized system with intuitive and innovative features that spark creative ideas. It makes organising details and tasks quick and super easy.
Freedcamp is used by leading organizations like airbnb, Paypal, Apple, etc.
- Task boards are the quick way to see tasks from all your projects in one place
- It uses Kanban boards with sticky notes to manage tasks
- Create custom widgets for any type of information
Pricing: Available at $3.99 for the owner and $0.99 for each additional user per month ( billed yearly )
16. Copper Project
Copper Project is an online project management and collaboration tool used to share projects, files, contacts, tasks and events. You can simplify projects, achieve more goals and improve collaboration by centralizing everything and keep everyone in the loop. The new Project timeline feature gives the manager a prompt view of the percent completed and delivery dates.
Copper Project is used by leading organizations like Pacific science center, Roundhouse, Une coleur, etc.
- It allows you to do more with unique tools like Draggable Timelines, Subtasks, and Pin & Pass.
- Statuses are easily seen with colored indicators
- Easily integrates with Xero and QuickBooks
Pricing: Plan starts from $49/month
Insightly is a SaaS-based CRM solution targeted at small and mid-sized businesses. It is a highly customizable dashboard and feeds to keep track of sales in progress. You can growth hack your business with advanced marketing automation or empower your sales team to contact leads at the right time. It’s simple to move deals through the pipeline by clicking and dragging, and you can choose between a traditional list view or a kanban-style board.
Insightly is used by leading organizations liken IMS, Savanta, Nimble, etc.
- Track project activity and performance against milestones
- Accelerate sales and manage leads
- Route the right lead to the right team member at the right time
Pricing: Plan starts from $29/user/month
18. Easy Project
Easy Project is a cloud-based solution to monitoring project’s health and progress in real-time. It is designed for fast-moving midsize to enterprise-level teams. It offers custom forms and project templates, as well. Easy project supports 1000+ integrations so your team can use the tools they love best.
Easy Project is used by leading organizations like Toyota, Bosch, Lenovo, etc.
- Visual project maps and plans
- It offers integration with apps like Google Calendar, Gmail, etc.
- Auto-notifications to keep projects on track
Pricing: Plan starts from $21/month per user Pro plan
Advantage is an all-in-one software platform for managing marketing firms advertising agencies, creative teams of all sizes. Its flexibility allows users to adapt the software to support the existing processes. The ability to track hours, projects and purchase orders with this software is intuitive and easy.
- Automate and manage projects more efficiently
- Integrates all agency roles into a single solution with robust modules
- Automate and expedite work
Pricing: Upon request
Highrise is a straightforward and simple CRM solution for small businesses. Highrise provides a feature called “Good Morning” which is a virtual personal assistant that helps users organize and respond to incoming activity that needs attention. It also allows users to track communication with clients so that teams can view the status of deals and relationships.
Highrise is used by leading organizations like Life republic, Kredent, Navkar, etc.
- You can set permissions and tailor each users view
- It is designed to simplify your workflow, no more, no less
- Keep track of important tasks
Pricing: Plan starts from $24/month
Each of these software has its own merits and will be able to bridge gaps for you in your work. We hope that the above list would serve the purpose and provides you with a list of top project management tools to be used in 2021. If you think, we have missed a tool that could make a difference in your life, don’t forget to drop your comment below.